- Responsible for building and maintaining the data systems.
- Gather requirements, architect, and design extremely large-scale distributed data systems.
- Develop software systems and (micro) services in Java and Python.
- Integrate the best open source tools and technologies.
- Assemble platforms and frameworks to automate business processes.
- Work with internal technology, research and portfolio management teams
- At least 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Expert programming skills in Java and Python
- Experience developing high throughput and/or low latency resilient data systems
- Recent working experience with least two of the following: Kafka, Cassandra, Redis, Alluxio, protocol buffers, flat buffers, thrift, avro, HDFS, GPFS, ScyllaDB, ElasticSearch
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Be an analytical thinker with exceptional problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with minimal direction